How to Change a Flat Tire
Nobody wants to be in a situation where they are stranded on the side of the road due to a flat tire. When you are out and about in your Toyota, our team at Joseph Toyota of Cincinnati would like to be sure that you have the right information for safely changing a tire. Of course, once you are back on the road with the spare tire on your vehicle, you will need to bring it in for a brand-new tire as soon as possible. In the meantime, we have put together this handy outline for you:
Changing a Tire
- Pull off to a spot that is safe enough for you to have room to work and as far away from traffic as possible.
- Get your spare tire, the tire iron, and jack from your Toyota Camry or Toyota Corolla.
- Loosen the wheel lugs on your flat tire prior to jacking up your vehicle.
- Once loosened, jack up the car and replace the flat with your spare tire.
- Lower the vehicle back to the ground slowly and tighten up the wheel lugs.
- Double check wheel lug tightness prior to driving again.
It is important that you always have a properly inflated spare tire and the necessary tools ready to go in your vehicle. Once you are back on the road with your spare, you can then make an appointment at your earliest convenience to have a brand-new tire mounted and balanced at Joseph Toyota of Cincinnati at 9101 Colerain Avenue. To contact our Toyota service team, you can reach us by calling (513) 385-3263.